With the average cost of a UK wedding currently at £24000, it’s no wonder that more and more couples are deciding to marry abroad. Combining your wedding with your honeymoon can bring the cost down considerably, and you can even take guests along for the fun.
Getting married overseas is a lot more straight forward than you might think. Once we’ve discussed the options and you’ve chosen your venue, we will ensure that the booking process is as stress free as possible, and once we have arranged everything at this end you will usually then be put in touch with your in-resort wedding organiser to finalise all of the details.
Legal requirements for getting married abroad vary considerably from country to country. In some countries you can get married in church, in others you can’t. Some countries let you marry on the beach, others don’t. Some countries require you to be resident for a number of days beforehand, or to have all the legal documents translated into the local language. We are here to walk you through the various requirements and guide you through the necessary paperwork.
And, not forgetting your all important guest list. If you are bringing family and friends along we would be delighted to book their travel arrangements too. There are group discounts to be had for large group bookings.
The perfect honeymoon requires perfect planning and that is what we are here for. We put as much focus on the details of your honeymoon as you will have spent on your wedding. Every honeymoon is tailored to your individual requirements whatever they may be. We are here to listen to what you want, and to suggest and recommend options that will match up to your dreams. Whether you dream of total relaxation on a tropical beach, a tour of Australia, an African safari, a luxury cruise, or a romantic stay in Lapland, we can arrange these and thousands more options for you.
As well as sourcing the best ‘honeymoon offers’ which many luxury resorts provide, we can also arrange those little extras that can make your honeymoon so special, for example luxury VIP airport lounge passes, spa treatments or in-flight champagne. Our Honeymoon Gift List service is also very popular with couples who wish to ask their guests to contribute towards their honeymoon instead of buying a traditional gift.
Our Top 10 Honeymoon Ideas
- A water villa in the Maldives – the most popular honeymoon destination and with good reason.
- A South African safari – top quality lodges and guides.
- Multi-centre Australia or New Zealand combined with a stay in Fiji.
- For those that don’t like to fly, why not consider a cruise departing from Southampton.
- Multi-centre Italy – visit Venice, Florence and Rome by train then relax on the beautiful Amalfi Coast.
- For ultra all-inclusive luxury stay at one of the Sandals resorts in the Caribbean.
- Sweden for amazing Arctic adventures, ice hotels and glass igloos.
- Take a once-in-a-lifetime tour of China.
- Hire a convertible car and tour the Florida Keys.
- Cruise the Galapagos Islands and if you’ve got time, combine with a visit to Machu Picchu in Peru.